Emily Semans (sorry, Mat) has been one of my sister’s best friends since college. Ever since I met Emily at Miami I was immediately drawn to her preppy & classic style, sarcasm, & love for Sparks. I am SO looking forward to palling around with Emily over the next several months as we celebrate my sister’s upcoming wedding at showers, bachelorette party, and actual wedding weekend!
Please enjoy getting a laugh while you get to know Emily & see some of her favorite things!
When asked how she would describe her style? I would call my style classic with a love of bohemian accessories. I aspire to Olivia Palermo’s style, but on most days I look more like a Baldwin brother decked out in Tory Burch.
– Favorite Clutch: This Prada clutch that was a gift from my parents a couple years ago. (It’s actually a cosmetic bag, but honestly, who uses a Prada cosmetic bag?! Or a Chanel tennis racquet, Kris Jenner.)
– Gold Bangle: My favorite accessory is this gold buckle bangle from Henri Bendel. With a working adjustable buckle, this piece makes me almost as happy as an Anderson Cooper WWHL appearance.
– Pop of Color: I’m a huge fan of neutrals, but I also love me a POC! My Mom wasn’t a big fan of yellow & orange when I was growing up, and I’ve pretty much not owned anything in either hue until recently. The result? A late twenties color rebellion. My favorite POC this year is this Lilly Pulitzer dress that my mother-in-law gave me for my birthday.
– Stripes: Another wardrobe staple for me is striped pieces. My closet is full of tops like this easy Bailey 44 top, which I love year-round. I work at an ad agency that’s casual, and a top like this over skinnies is great comfy work wear.
– Scarves: I love pashminas. Here are a few of my favorites, and my pup, Bernie, wearing one too.