a lot of people think of new year’s eve as an overrated, over celebrated “holiday”. I, on the other hand, absolutely LOVE NYE because it’s the night I met Jordan. Yes, we met at a bar on NYE 9 years ago so we always try to do something special each year. I will share some snaps of out NYE tomorrow but in the meantime I want to share my resolutions for 2014 (partly because making them public makes me feel a little more accountable).
1. [shop my closet.] I have designated 2014 as the year to save. Although I have always been a pretty consistent saver, I know I could be better. Jewelry & clothing have always been my weak spot but this year it is going to change. Instead of accumulating more stuff, 2014 is about enjoying what I have.
2. [drink more water.] This is going to be a must in 2014. My newest rule is going to be that during the week I only drink water (and an occasional glass of wine). Weekends will be designated for anything else.
3. [read.] I have started doing more of this recently (once we got rid of the TV in our bedroom) but I want to continue pushing myself to read. My goal is to read 1 book a month in 2014. Anyone have any good recommendations?
4. [less sugar.] I have the biggest sweet tooth and anything gummy is always in my top 3 of things I crave. No sweets during the week.
5. [redesign.] It has been about 2 years since I started this blog and I feel like since SO much has happened in 2013, I kind of lost sight of my original vision and passion for make statements. This year I am going to redesign and make things a little more user friendly. Any suggestions on what you would like to see, please let me know. I’d love to hear your feedback!
6. [volunteer]. Since I moved home 3 years ago I have been meaning to dedicate some of my time to a charity or organization where I felt I was making a difference. More recently I really figured out where my passion lies so starting January 4th, I will be volunteering at a local non kill shelter, Save the Animals Foundation.
Any big new year’s resolutions that you are planning on for 2014? Share them with me!