One of the most powerful questions I’ve recently been asked is “what should I be praying for?”. This question alone reminds me that people aren’t just praying for Bea but want to know specifically what to ask God for. To answer this question…please pray for the following….
1) Bea’s continued health & weight gain. We’ve been lucky to put off the feeding tube this long and want to continue beating the odds.
2) Bea’s surgeons & other medical support (clinical doctors, pediatrician, nurses, cardiologists, dietitians, anesthesiologists, etc etc). Please give them strength and health to continue helping but to help other babies in the meantime.
3) Other kids on this list. Although we are going to constantly be jockey-ing for position the bottom line is – the sicker the kid the higher up on the list. Please pray for these children that while their health deteriorates, they are quick to bounce back.
4) My family. Although this is an extremly trying time for Jordan & I, I also acknowledge Bea is not only our daughter…but she is a granddaughter, great granddaughter, and niece. Give everyone peace of mind that Bea is in the best care possible.
5) For Jordan. May he continue being the rock for our family and the comic relief when needed. Although the future could affect our (Bea and me) physical health the most – I would argue Jordan will deal with more mental and emotional stress as both of his girls enter the operating room for 8+ hours.
Thank you all for your kindness and continued love and support. Once our bootcamp is finished this week I will give a full update. Day one was very informative and we are continuing to move in the right direction.
In the meantime, download the below song and think of Bea when you hear it. This song brings me to tears every time I listen to it. I just can’t wait until we are through this and I can tell her how strong of a person she is. And the best part is….she truly has a lot of fight left in her.
This is my fight song
Take back my life song
Prove I’m alright song
My power’s turned on
Starting right now I’ll #BEAstrong
I’ll play my fight song
And I don’t really care if nobody else believes
Cause I’ve still got a lot of fight left in me
Now I’ve still got a lot of fight left in me