SO – thank you SO MUCH for reaching out to offer to help with my newest idea! I have received so much love and support so THANK YOU! Please please please hang in there with me while I work out a few kinks.
Here are some things that have happened…
- The incredible woman who created the #BEAstrong logo has done it again! She made a gorgeous logo for our cause and I don’t think I have loved anything more. There is SO much meaning behind each little detail. I can’t wait to tell you more about it next week! Here it is!
2. I secured a domain and am working on building out my website & Facebook page. Again, more updates on that next week!
3. I am working on a way to have the gowns made for free. This is where I need feedback and help! Right now, I am paying $10/gown to be made and I would LOVE if the only cost we had was fabric. Does anyone know someone who can sew and is interested in teaming up with a cause like ours? A church group of ladies? Right now, we are making 3 gowns/child and I would love to have 3 gowns made/week. If you know of ANYONE who is interested in helping us with this – please please PLEASE reach out: email@example.com
4. Figuring out a way to have people like YOU participate! I’m thinking that I could send emails back to people that are interested in participating with links to fabric and how much yardage we need/child. The thing we really need to figure out first is HOW these gowns are going to be made.
5. We officially donated our first set of #lookGfeelG gowns to a patient at Cincinnati Children’s. See below! The gowns turned out amazing (they tie in the back but also have velcro at the shoulders) and we included a “puppy print” because our patient loves her dog 🙂 Hoping these gowns brightened her (and her parents) day! I will send follow up pictures if I receive them.
6. If you know anyone at Cincinnati Childrens Hospital that seems like they will be there for about a month or longer, please let me know (firstname.lastname@example.org). Because of HIPPA it is almost impossible for doctors or hospitals to put us in touch with families who might be a great fit so if you know of anyone and they would like to be a part of our Look Good, Feel Good initiative, let me know. Preferably children staying at Cincinnati Childrens and once we get bigger, we will expand to more hospitals!