Okay – Bea was in charge of snack for school last week and because I was traveling for work and feeling guilty – I had to make something extra cute!
They were really REALLY easy to make, and actually fun! Putting them together and then seeing Bea’s face was just the best!
This is how I did it!!
Things you need…
- Box of Rice Krispie
- Bag of small marshmallows
- Green food coloring
- 3 tbsp of butter
- Chocolate to melt
- Candy eyes (I found mine at Kroger!)
- Melt 3 tbsp of butter in large pot
- Add bag of marshmallows and stir until melted
- Add food coloring and stir
- Add rice krispie cereal 1 cup at a time (6 cups total) and stir
- Put into a buttered 9×13 pan
- Press and let cool for 30 minutes
- Remove from pan and cut into squares
- Mel chocolate and dip rice krispie treats into chocolate
- Place them on wax paper
- Put remaining chocolate into plastic bag and cut hole at the end
- Paint on mouth and put dots of chocolate for eyes
- Add eye candy over chocolate dots
- Let sit until chocolate has hardened